Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sculpture Class

Today I woke up and smelled my toes. My house was cold, so I layered my clothes.

I apologize in advance, I am strongly against everything that has to do with blogging and tweeting and ing which is why I have been waiting to start this, but here it goes...

So the other day in class, we began talking about a theme after going to the exhibit space. When Sam mentioned technology as a potential theme, I wanted to kill him. To me, one of the most attractive things about sculpture is the relationship between the artist and the piece they are creating and the lack of disruption between them. Not to say that the tools used to sculpt are not parts of technology themselves, but the artists bare hands and stripped materials is what I love the most.

We then went on to come to the conclusion of "Communication." This was great.
I knew exactly what I wanted to do.
I want to express the connection between color and communication and how greatly it effects the world around it.
I found a picture online that I was able to relate to through this idea.

Blue Rhapsody
2010
Oil painting
24" x 20"

Leonid Afemov
1955- current
Russian

1 comment:

  1. So see: through adversity comes clarity. Well, at least sometimes, anyway...

    ReplyDelete